Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm Not "Old School" on Purpose...

I have started the trudge.

The frame came with some tabs for a seat hinge and springs I don't want/need.

The seat hinge mount from Biltwell is much beefier and slick looking.

And Choppershox come with tabs to weld to the cross tubes.

So the weekend checklist goes as follows:

- Delete unwanted tabs/mounts
- Fabricate seat bracket for choppershox (1.25 by .25 thick steel plate)
- Press in neck cups

The tools: minimal

safety glasses
gloves
file















sawzall with metal blade.

I know I should get a grinder or a cutoff wheel setup to replace the sawzall/dremell and the file.

You got one for free?

Exactly.

A little sweat and the results are the same.






old seat hinge gone.

seat spring mounts cut down substantially.

Now I see I need to smooth out the unwanted tank mounts (mine will be frisco mounted) so break out the file and the sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment