Friday, June 5, 2009

Choose your weapons...

I have already laid the bread on a lot of stuff, but I will post a blog, with photos, for each one with progress.

This is just a rough overview of what I have, and what I want.


My main weapon is a stack of The Horse Backstreet Chopper Magazines. I have every issue from #12 on up. I have been reading this for a long time, taking notes, and brainwashing myself on the coolest bikes in the world. I took my already vintage work ethic and found out it really is cool to do it yourself, figure it out, or fuck it up along the way.


My frame, bars, oilbag, rear brake, springer, and kickstand are all from flyrite. Since most of my family resides in Texas, it just felt right. I have a Reach For the Sky frame - no up, no out, 30° rake. 12 inch narrow apes, sprotor polishe brake kit, and a DNA 2 under spring front end. The oilbag was a clearance steal with all the necessary mounts.


I got a seat pan and foam setup from Biltwell along with their black seat hinge and stash tube, and decided I was going to learn to tool leather. Yay! I have zero experience with it, but I wanted it to be one of a kind, and done by me. The general theme of the bike might be "blame me, I built it." I may just get a helmet from them, as well as their kit for building your own pipes. I am asking for the punishment I suppose.


I sent the photos of the finished setup over to Biltwell so they could laugh at me, instead (holy shit) they posted it on their blog! I literally went from 6 to 12. The Link: Jason


I got my seat shocks (no stock springs for my 250 lb ass) and screw it up yourself leather kit from choppershox. Dual shocks with all the tabs along with the leather, rivets, and dye. I really tried to price out a leather job from the pros but couldn't afford their greatness. I will post a blog detailing the process of making an adapter plate for the seat (I am NOT messing up the nice powdercoated pan) and welding the remaining tabs on the frame, sourcing the nylon washers, and welding the hinge mount to the frame. Should be a blast.





I found a local company in Santa Clara making some kick ass risers with very bad intentions included in the price. They have the "Fuck Off," "Fuck You," and an "SS" available imbedded in the tops of the clamps. These all come in aluminum and brass, shorty or three inch rise. Since I have to be different and I plan to frisco my Indian Larry tank I got the 3 inchers with a custom touch. Josh is putting "KILL" on the tops of my clamps. So you can see a "Kill, Kill." Think Jason, think Friday the 13th, and think creepy music before he strikes. Did I mention I have two screen accurate Jason costumes from part 3 and part 5? And I have masks from those two films tattooed on my left arm? I may get to those in a blog, they aren't technichaly part of the deal, but part of the inspiration. I will put "Kill" in every tastefull part of the bike I can.



I have been a huge fan of Indian Larry for a long time. I even have his logo with his neck tattoo below my throat tattooed in full color. With this in mind I convinced my then girlfriend (now fiance) to buy me an Indian Larry dished 3.5 gallon tank for christmas. It has been waiting for this moment for a really long time. I got it when Larry was still alive, pre Legacy. I have no beef with the legacy stuff, just glad I got in before the TV cameras did, and everyone found out Larry was the king. I take a lot of inspiration for how a bike should look from his bikes. He's hauling ass around heaven right now.

---------------------------

Now the Wishing begins...

I want to get custom "kill" pegs from chopper dave. And I would like a custom points cover sporting the ASPO logo and a "blame me, I built it" in there. We shall see. He is might busy by the looks of his blog. I may settle for one of the points covers he did for death machine corpse, and maybe a church of choppers air cleaner, time will tell.



I have every intention of getting a Fabkevin license plate bracket. It will either hold a reworked war eagle light or a rat fink head from mooneyes. I will be getting his remote oil filter bracket to bolt to my 4 speed, and the shit will last forever. I liked the style of his "fuck" kicker pedal over at irish rich's shamrock fabrication page. But alas, I want it to "kill" not "fuck". I will see if I can come up with a drawing he can work from, then find the money to pay him what he wants (I won't have the money his work is worth).


I am 99% sure I want to run the chain primary setup over at Bare Knuckle Choppers. It looks bad ass, I can make a custom guard myself, it's nice and narrow, and the package comes with either a baker or rivera clutch. I'm leaning toward the kick only setup with the rivera. They also sell the Baker 6 into 4 transmission I want. I have a revtech 4 speed out of the basket case I bought (another blog) it will work, but it's not a baker. I would only like parts cappable of outlasting the bike, me, and the earth if possible.


I have every intention of getting the "looky looky" sight guage kit for my tank from the boys over at Nash. They have a few other things that caught my eye, but we shall see where the money comes from. I also like their nasty ole bag products. Specifically the side bag for a rigid in black leather. maybe so.

I have decided on the baas metal craft remote oil filter kit. They have a reputation for quality and it's the same price as getting a morroso from jeggs. I would prefer to keep my business local, or at least in the chopper community.

That about covers it. Till the next blogs detailing the basket case I bought with a mad shovelhead motor and revtech trans. They guy had over 12k into the motor alone, a steal it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment